Statement of Faith
Church Statement of Faith
- that the Old and New Testaments reveal the character and nature of God and explain the historic faith of the Gospel. The Bible asserts doctrines which are crucial to the understanding of the faith, and which should result in mutual love, practical Christian service and evangelistic concern.
- in the supreme and independent power and grace of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in creation, control and communication; the buying back from sin and eternal punishment, by the act of Christ's making peace through his death on the cross, and the final judgement.
- in the divine inspiration of the Bible and that it is therefore entirely to be trusted and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- in the universal sinfulness and guilt of mankind, resulting in God's anger and condemnation.
- that the Son of God became man in Jesus Christ and was sacrificed in our place, a sacrifice which is the only and completely sufficient basis by which we are rescued and bought back from the guilt and power of sin, and from its eternal consequences.
- that sinners are freed from the penalty of sin only by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ, who was crucified and who rose from the dead.
- that God the Holy Spirit helps us to understand spiritual truth, enables us to be born again spiritually, is permanently present in the believer to gift and empower for life and service, and makes the believer more and more holy, like Jesus Christ.
- in the priesthood of all believers, who form the universal Church, of which Christ is its Head, and which is committed by Jesus' command to proclaim the Gospel to the whole world.
- in the future personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory.